Wednesday, February 25, 2009

my love list

i love this blog. http://www.operationnice.com/

on days when i feel down or feel like the world is going to crap, i log on and read some pretty amazing stories from some very kind people. it is a huge pick me up and i highly recommend it. quite frankly, i could read this blog anytime. i love and applaud the idea. there just isn't enough recognition of people's kindness.

on occasion , the author will give out a "nice assignment" and a few of those assignments have involved what she calls "love lists." this is right up my alley. i adore making lists (a trait i most definitely inherited from my father). there are varying reasons for my love of list-making but the top reason is the sense of accomplishment i feel by making one. so when she posted the following assignment, i jumped at the chance:

"Today's Assignment: Make a Love List about Places
What places do you love? Where would you rather be right this instant? Are there some spots you've visited in your past that will always hold a special place in your heart? Go ahead! Make your list! It can be about one place or one hundred places. Post it on your blog or post it here in the comments. Or do both! Either way, really focus on places you love and I guarantee you'll feel happier afterwards."

my love list of places:

under the red blanket; the niche; sitting on a particular bench on 6th avenue; eating at katz's deli; the new york public library; hudson river park in the spring; c and d's house in vientene; the armor exhibit at the philadelphia museum of art; the orange couch in my grandparent's house; the swings at my elementary school; the hammock in my parent's backyard; OG restaurant; the bronx zoo; behind the lens of a camera; on my couch watching spin city repeats in law school; the baths in budapest; the foot massage parlor in laos; eating lunch in bryant park; chelsea market; jane street on the engagement picture day; behind the wheel of my mini cooper; the italian market in south philly; kossar's bialys; my old office on wooster street; my first new york apartment; economy candy; pnc art center on the day of my law school graduation; kd's bbq in midland, texas; the aging rooms at debragga; greek easter in east hanover; the jersey shore (spring lake and lbi); the montville diner.

No comments: