Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Trails to North Carolina

A few weeks back, Seth and I took a long weekend trip to Durham, North Carolina to visit some of Seth's college friends. (Incidentally I now claim them as my friends - sorry Seth but they are just that fun). We had the pleasure of staying with Shane and Jen and my new boyfriend, their son Gage. Gage is the type of child who makes you want to have children (no one is permitted to show this to my family, they are not allowed to get any ideas). He is smart, funny and literally soaks in EVERY SINGLE THING you say and do. You should have heard the number of times we said "Crap, not around Gage!" I wish I could still learn as fast as Gage does.

Exhibit 1: Aunt Jamie's Contribution - We taught Gage to put on his sunglasses and say "I'm cool!" The next time someone put on sunglasses he ran over, put his on and said "I'm cool too!" Trust me, that did not get old.
















Exhibit 2: After a weekend of meat, we thought it best to have sushi on our last night there. (Sorry to the Rogers family for the aftermath of Seth eating that much meat). Gage just picked up some chopsticks and went to town. I think he uses better them better than I do.















Exhibit 3: This picture does not involve Gage, although I do recommend that Jen and Shane show this to Gage to teach him what not to do. Seth ate this entire plate of meatloaf for dinner on Saturday night. I still have no idea where it all goes. And I try not to think about it.











No comments: