Friday, February 5, 2010

new neighbors

this morning, i am coming out of my apartment (reality check - rushing out of my apartment so i don't miss the train) to head out to work. my new neighbor is leaving his place at the same time. in an exciting turn of friendliness, he introduces himself, starts chatting with me and i find out he is from a town outside of pennsylvania where a really good friend of ours grew up.

small world.

so i say, "that's funny, seth and i have a very good friend from yardley, do you know him?"

so he goes, "yes, i know the whole family."

wait for it.

he then says "my older brother played in a band with your friend's brother."

translation: our neighbor has an OLDER brother who played in a band with our friend's YOUNGER brother.

way to make me feel my age through and through on a friday morning. on the flip side, i now have two friendly neighbors who i actually know! that's a first.

No comments: