Wednesday, October 15, 2008

shop til you drop

The wedding is getting closer and closer (just seven months away by my count) and I continue to reflect about how I can make our wedding seem like us. If I can walk away from the big day with a shiny new ring, a lovely new husband and a feeling like my wedding was unique to S and I, I'll consider it a success. Right now, I am not so worried about minute by minute scheduling of the actual day, the perfection of flowers or even my shoes (ok that's not totally true) as I am about making sure our personalities shine through.

To that end, I have spent a lot of time trolling http://www.etsy.com/ to find artists who can create unique and affordable things to add to my day. (along the way I have also found some amazing gifts for friends and family). I feel great about supporting someone's art and the quality of work and professionalism I have encountered has been an added bonus. The many artists who make up the etsy community take their art and businesses very seriously and provide some excellent customer service. So far, I have ordered my invitations, my sign-in book, the men's boutonnieres and ladies' corsages and the cake topper from various vendors. And it's been nothing but a pleasure. Not too mention I find things everyday I want to buy. Today I am coveting this...



From etsy designer Pine Blossom
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5235111

No comments: