Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pups, Pups Everywhere

Please take me home
As much as I gaze longingly at the cute pups that strut around my neighborhood, I know deep down that my life is not conducive to owning a dog.   On more than more occasion I have considered buying a fish or a hamster or even a cat, but then I realized I couldn't get past how much fish gross me out and that hamsters and cats kinda smell.  So I always come back to yearning for a dog.

As an experiment years ago, I bought a gigapet to test my ability to care for something other than myself.   Sadly, the gigapet died within two days when I left it in a drawer and forgot to feed it.  I even managed to kill a bamboo plant by just being near it.  So I am left with fleeting encounters with pugs and bulldogs on the street.

But now, it's like I can have the best of all worlds.   Some genius had the idea to market a pet that I don't need to feed or water.  I predict one person will purchase this and it will be me.

http://www.chroniclebooks.com/index/main,book-info/store,gifts/products_id,8953/title,Port-a-Pug/ 

No comments: