Monday, September 29, 2008

we are...




S and I went to Penn State this weekend for our annual trip to watch a football game in the rain. S has season tickets and it makes him feel warm and fuzzy to see me wear blue and white and sit on really uncomfortable seats. I haven't sat as close to some of my family members as I did to the poor guy sitting next to me.


This is the third year we have made this pilgrimage to State College, PA. The first year we went, it poured. The second year we went, it was so cold I couldn't feel any of my extremities for 24 hours. And was heckled by those around me for having the audacity to bring a blanket. This year, once again, it rained. The weather gods are testing me.

All in all, though, the trip was very fun. We ate a lot, including hamburgers, a sausage and pepper sandwich, a soft pretzel and this...





Exhibit A - a sandwich consisting of rib meat, pulled pork and cole slaw. S ate the entire thing in about three bites.







Exhibit B - the aftermath. It wasn't pretty.









We also saw Amish people, cows and more farm houses than I have ever seen in one place. And of course, at the game we saw the most white shirts on any group of people ever. It had to be some kind of Guinness world record. And I got to wear a poncho.
Travel with S is fun and always an adventure. On the ride home, the Mini became tired and decided one of its tires no longer wished to be inflated. In spite of lots of rain, a very scary diner in Blairstown, New Jersey and a salty AAA tow truck driver, S and I stayed calm and even managed to sneak in a Target trip. I am now stocked up on stockings, workout pants and snacks. And the Mini is currently being outfitted with the world's most expensive tire. And S, well, he got to see Penn State kick some Illinois butt. That's all he ever needs.





No comments: