Thursday, November 25, 2010

Apparently I looked like I needed booze


Seth and I had a lovely dinner on Wednesday night with our friends Jackie and Tim.  Under the impression that New York City would be vacant the night before Thanksgiving, we decided to brave the crowds at Ippudo, to eat the best ramen in town.   Sadly, our dreams were shattered by a whopping three hour wait.   So much for that genius plan.  

Dejected, we wandered around the East Village looking for another place to eat and drink.   We opted for a restaurant well known for its fried chicken and hour long waits.  Apparently fried chicken doesn't have the same draw as ramen because we walked in and sat down to eat in about 10 minutes. And yes, it was as good as ever.  Normally, I would share the name of this wondrous restaurant, however, at the end of the meal the waiter poured me a serious glass wine and made me promise not to tell anyone where this magical glass came from.   I don't know if I looked liked I need booze or the waiter was in the holiday spirit, but whatever it was, I left a very happy camper. 

No comments: