Thursday, August 4, 2011

nineteen ninety what?

yesterday, i was sitting with my interns, eating cupcakes for someone's birthday and having a lively conversation about non-law related topics (my favorite kind of chat).  the conversation turned towards whether or not my wedding pictures would look as dated to my kids as my parents' wedding pictures do to me.  being that i got married in 2009, i didn't think it be quite the same (ruffled tuxedo shirt anyone?) but then my intern says this gem:

"you got married in the 90s, right?  it could look dated...."

that's right, the 1990s.  as in the decade when i graduated high school and college.  the decade that ENDED twelve years ago.  apparently to a 24 year old i might as well be 45 and not 35.  thankfully he turned a sufficient shade of bright red to give me some vindication.  i can't wait to see what his evaluation looks like...

No comments: